The International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) is a non-profit international advocacy organization with offices in the United States and Europe dedicated to supporting the Tibetan peoples’ cultural, political and social rights and freedoms and their efforts to preserve the unique Tibetan identity. ICT believes in actively engaging the Chinese people in order to achieve true understanding between them and the Tibetans and to bring about necessary and peaceful democratic change in China. ICT undertakes efforts to obtain international support for Tibetans and their peaceful struggle; it supports Tibetan refugees; and advocates for human rights and freedoms for the Tibetan people.
The International Campaign for Tibet is seeking an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to support a highly integrated office. The position requires excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills, and will report to the Director of Outreach. The ideal candidate should be a team player with the ability to be flexible and manage various responsibilities in a dynamic workplace. A passion for human rights and familiarity with the Tibetan issue is a great plus.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Outreach, and ICT’s other programmatic staff on an as-needed basis
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary
- Welcomes and directs visitors
- Responds to information requests about ICT and Tibet through telephone and e-mail
- Assists the Development Department by managing donor acknowledgement letter preparation and fulfilment
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment
- Maintains all common areas to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all
- Coordinates ICT’s volunteers
- Prepares appropriate materials for meetings
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Handle confidential information
- Work with integrity and professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in related work
- This job is in-person (temporarily hybrid-mode work)
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19
Please email cover letter, resume and writing sample with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Campaign for Tibet is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.