The International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) is a non-profit international advocacy organization with offices in the United States and Europe dedicated to supporting the Tibetan peoples’ cultural, political and social rights and freedoms and their efforts to preserve the unique Tibetan identity. ICT believes in actively engaging the Chinese people in order to achieve true understanding between them and the Tibetans and to bring about necessary and peaceful democratic change in China. ICT undertakes efforts to obtain international support for Tibetans and their peaceful struggle; it supports Tibetan refugees; and advocates for human rights and freedoms for the Tibetan people.
The Digital Associate is a key member of ICT’s communications team. The Digital Associate aims to increase the organization’s effectiveness on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. They will work with ICT’s Communications Officer and Digital Content Manager to ensure the social media goals align with ICT’s mission; write and curate content designed to engage followers and promote the mission in a positive way; create and execute social media campaigns; respond to questions and comments left on social media pages in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Create content for ICT’s English language social media, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, under the supervision of the Communications Officer and Digital Content Manager.
- Support with content formatting and coding of e-mails for Advocacy and Fundraising teams.
- Support opportunities, events and activities outlined in the editorial calendar; curate messages and accompanying graphics/visuals as necessary.
- Monitor analytics to see what types of content followers respond to the most and work with the Communications Officer and senior management to adjust the strategy accordingly.
- Under the supervision of the Communications officer, spend time daily engaging with key audiences on digital platforms by contributing replies and monitoring conversations.
- Stay on top of changing trends, insights and best practices in digital communications and flag potential content opportunities for communications team.
- Coordinate timely, one-time digital events/activities such as influencer takeovers, quizzes, etc. with Digital Content Manager and Communications Officer.
- Manage digital visual library, including photos, videos, GIFs and designed graphics.
- Review website content and analytics monthly to ensure that any broken links or grammatical errors are caught and corrected and alert Digital Content Manager of any site errors.
- Work with the Digital Content Manager and Communications Officer on the larger communications strategy planning and support, problem solving and overall digital oversight;
- Work with Communications Officer for strategy, timing and content reviews and approvals of social media content; determine appropriate content each month.
- Carry out other digital and communications support duties as assigned and needed.
- Must have a degree in communications and/or similar field, or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- Must have experience working in digital communications, platform management and content creation.
- The ideal candidate will also have a passion for human rights and familiarity with the Tibet issue; experience or a willingness to learn graphic design and video production; a positive attitude, time management skills and desire to be a team player.
- This position is based in Washington, DC. Applicants must be able to work on site in ICT’s office, with the option currently for a hybrid schedule that includes working remotely a few days each week.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Please email cover letter and resume with “Digital Associate” in the subject line to email@example.com.
The International Campaign for Tibet is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.