DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
The International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) is a non-profit international advocacy organization with offices in the United States and Europe dedicated to supporting the Tibetan people’s cultural, political and social rights and freedoms and their efforts to preserve the unique Tibetan identity. ICT believes in actively engaging the Chinese people in order to achieve true understanding between them and the Tibetans and to bring about necessary and peaceful democratic change in China. ICT undertakes efforts to obtain international support for Tibetans and their peaceful struggle; it supports Tibetan refugees; and advocates for human rights and freedoms for the Tibetan people.
The International Campaign for Tibet is seeking an experienced Director of Government Relations who will be based in Washington, DC. This is a senior-level position and will report to the President.
- As an integral member of ICT’s advocacy team, assist the President and Vice President to formulate strategies to promote Tibet issues with the United States government, including organization of the annual Tibet Lobby Day activities
- As a registered lobbyist for ICT, promote Tibet as a constituent issue within the U.S. Congress and government, and advocate on ICT’s mission and priorities
- Monitor U.S. government compliance with legislation on Tibet, including that implementation is consistent with congressional intent
- Draft testimony, statements and write briefing materials for ICT Board members and senior staff; provide internal briefings;
- Oversee outreach to U.S.-based NGOs to promote Tibetan issues
- Assist ICT’s UN and international Advocacy Team with strategy and implementation.
- Review, present and disseminate ICT reports to relevant parties.
- Position may include travel to India and Europe
- A minimum of five years within the United States Congress or Executive branch agency; or in government relations leadership role within an international advocacy organization of similar mission, size and membership base to the ICT.
- Strong communication, writing, speaking, social media and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, lead and execute effective, creative campaigns directed at influential government, policy and media leaders.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits.
Please email cover letter, resume and contact information for three references, with “Director of Government Relations” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is temporarily virtual / work from home. Our office is working remotely during the pandemic. Once the situation has changed, we will be transitioning back to the office.
The International Campaign for Tibet is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees.